Tuesday, February 3, 2015

New Year, New Outlook

In the first few days of 2015, I was disappointed that the new year didn't bring new promise and new joy, or at least not my definition of those things.  I remember in Jan 2014, I was happy to move on to the new year because 2013 had been very challenging personally, professionally and for our family and for my faith.  However, 2014 proved to be even more difficult, so again, I was ready to put that year to bed.

So here I am in early 2015, no job, still struggling with chronic pain, facing the possibility of losing our home, and still dealing with most of the challenges that I have been faced with for many years.

But something is different.  This year, the challenges (specifically financial) have brought my marriage to a new and wonderful place.  As we both focus our faith on God, we are steadily moving closer together.  This has brought yet another positive change, a more peaceful, joyful, and happier home with our children.  As Rick and I attempt to model a biblical marriage, our children recognize the changes in the way we treat each other and speak to each other and they mimic those changes.

In the midst of all of this turmoil, I have found a new and desperate faith in God.  Don't misunderstand, I have always (well most of my life) had a saving relationship with my Heavenly Father; but in the midst of these trials, I depend on Him for all things and with all of my being.  I have learned to trust Him in ways that I never understood before and I look forward to the future, even though it is so uncertain.

Love & Prayers,

Meridath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...