Monday, March 23, 2015

No Regrets

As we continue on this journey of simplification and refinement, I am often tempted to look back on the past few years and wonder if we had made different choices would we still be facing the same challenges we are today.  This usually drives me to my knees and God gently reminds me that He is in control and has been from the beginning.  Yes, we could have made different choices, but there is no way of knowing what the outcome would have been. 

It is easy to look back and think we should never have built our home in Stokesdale, we should have stayed in our rental in NW Greensboro.  But then I think of the people we would maybe not have met, or the fact that we would not have adopted a puppy (love our Barrett-boo!).  We would maybe not have found a church home at Mercy Hill.

It it tempting for me to look back and think I never should have left my job at MFA for Consulate back in 2012.  But then maybe Rick would not have finished his degree program at PIU.  Maybe I would not have had the opportunity I have now to stay at home and homeschool my children.

God has a plan.  Always.

Even when we think we are in control, God is always there, seeing his plan to fruition.  I have learned, through this sometimes painful process of refinement and growth, to look up instead of back.  I am learning to live with no regrets.  Even when the path is difficult, I am trusting my Heavenly Father to lead me where He wants me.

When I look back through the lens of faith, I never ceased to be amazed at the everyday miracles of God's intricately woven plan for my life.  Relationships, chance encounters, everyday choices that lead to the furtherance of His kingdom.  I have witnessed great miracles, I have seen exciting and big things happen in many lives around me.  But I am somehow more in awe of the mundane and quiet miracles that God works every day in my life and the lives of others.

There are no guarantees in this life-we are not promised tomorrow.  But God can use any situation for good.

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28

He has a plan for my life, and yours, and nothing (not even my BIG mistakes) will prevent that plan from His purpose.  I have learned to put my faith wholly in Him.  There is a peace that taking all of our decisions to Him brings.  The process of praying over our next steps removes doubt and prevents regret.  But even when we do make mistakes (which usually happens when we either don't seek Him before making a decision or when we disregard His guidance), He can still use our lives for good.  There are always consequences to our choices, but by seeking God's will through scripture and prayer, we can avoid pitfalls and mistakes in most situations.

I have no regrets, even though I have made many mistakes.  I have watched God's grace in action as he uses my broken and error-filled life for His purposes.  I am so excited to see what our future in Him holds!

Love & Prayers
-Meridath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...