Sunday, September 9, 2018

The Truth About Death

Recently, I heard that a young lady that my daughter rides horses with lost her mother.  This girl is still in college, too young to have process this kind of pain.

But, here's the thing....I have no idea what to say to her or do for her.  And I should know.

I have been grieving for months. I have had my life torn apart and scattered to the far corners of the earth and I have spent 8 months trying to find those pieces and put them back together.

I should know.

I should know what to say to her.

I should know what to do for her.

I should know how to be there for her in this time of unimaginable pain.

But, all I can think of is those silly, kitchy things that everyone says when they don't know what to say....

"She's in better place"

"If God brought you to it, God will bring you through it"

"Everything happens for a reason"

"You are strong, you will get through this"

But the truth is that death is a thief. It steals a part of our soul and we cannot get it back.

The truth is you will always carry the grief with you, but it will eventually get lighter and easier to carry.

The truth is there is no reason good enough that would ever heal our grief over the loss of a loved one.

The truth is death sucks. Every single thing about it just plain sucks.

Blessings,
Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...