Monday, February 5, 2018

The Letter

"I know this will hurt you, but it was my time to go"

"Dad, God I know we've had our struggles, but I'm closer to you than any other human."

"Mom I love you"


These are some of the words that Logan wrote before he took his life at the age of 15. When we found the letter a few weeks after he passed away, it was like a hot dagger through my heart. I so desperately wanted my son with me so I could help him deal with the struggles he talked about in his letter.

He had kind words to say about his two best friends and asked us to look after them.  Even at the end, he was considering others.

After we read the letter, I took it and stuck it on a random page in my Bible.  But with God, nothing is random. I happened to put the letter in the pages of Isaiah and the following verse jumped out at me:





Logan's short life was marred by oppression and affliction. He battled his demons daily. He fought hard to beat his illness.  But, eventually he became like a sheep before its shearers....silent.

Blessings,
Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...