Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Valuable

Recently, I had a sweet friend reach out to me. She was concerned that I was being too hard on myself (based on a series of posts I have done related to brokenness). I was challenged to really look at my life and my faith and clearly explain where my value lies and why brokenness is not necessarily a negative experience.


I came up with two major points:


1) I do not equate brokenness with worthlessness.

I am still working on this process, but I am learning that my value is not linked to my circumstances. I don't believe material things, salary, family size, living arrangements, etc. have the power to give or take away any of my value. Sometimes periods of brokenness are exactly what is necessary to reveal the beauty and value from within.



2) My self-worth is inextricably linked to my value in Christ.
I watched a video yesterday where a pastor illustrates this concept with a pizza box. The pizza box is only worth about $0.40, but it's true value is linked to the product that it carries and that dwells within it, the pizza. I am the pizza box, and my value is entirely tied up in the product that dwells within, Christ Jesus. Without Him, I am simply an empty cardboard box.
Don't misunderstand-I know I am not a worthless cardboard box. God tells me so in Matthew 13:45-46:
"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it."

Sweet sisters-you are that pearl of great value and your Heavenly Father sacrificed His son for you. Just you. Only you.  


I am so glad that I have dear friends that care about me, challenge me, and hear me-even if we don't always share the same opinion.  It is so important to me to have all of these ladies in my life.








Blessings y'all,
Meri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...