Friday, May 15, 2015

Circle of Friends

I have always felt that I have a difficult time making and keeping friends.  However, as I study God's word on this subject and experience His love and grace in ways that I never imagined, I believe that God has put people in my life for specific reasons in specific seasons.

I have experienced this type of love in abundance over the past few weeks.  During this painful time in our lives, we have had sweet friends that have helped us pack and moved, listened to me lament and grieve the loss of our home, and encouraged us in this new chapter of our lives.  The concept of "laying down his life" does not necessarily mean a person must literally lose their life and die.  There are many ways friends can set their lives aside to focus on and help one another and I am grateful to have friends who have done this.

I have had dear friends that have come into my life for a season and then time and distance have separated us.  While I grieve the loss of the daily interaction with these women, I am so very grateful for their love and graciousness.  But I also read the words of Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you" and I am comforted to know that I have a friend who will never leave me.  My God is not here for a season, He is here always and His love is never-ending. 

Whether it is a yummy coffee drink on moving day or a simple text message to say "I am thinking of you and praying for you", my friends have sustained me these past few weeks as I struggle to find our new normal. 


I am humbled by the strength and beauty of these women in my life.  They are struggling with their own trials-personal illness, seriously ill children, challenges at work and at home, financial burdens, emotional burdens-but they find the time to reach out of their personal pain and say "I will suffer with you, I will take on your burden and you take mine and together we will move forward and rejoice".

Call a friend today.  Go first. Tell them you love them.  Stop by. Text message them.  Pray for them.  Be transparent and honest.  Cry on their shoulder.  This is what God designed friends for-so that His love would shine through.

Blessings,
Meri

Special thanks to: Renee, Megan, Meridith, Missy, Tammy, Stephanie & Kerri.  I love you ladies and wouldn't want to do life without you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...