Tuesday, May 26, 2015

An Open Letter to Anna Duggar

To my dear sister in Christ, fellow wife, mother, and daughter,

My heart aches for you and your family.  Not because of whatever sin your husband may have committed in the past, but for the microscope you and your family are now under and for the backlash from certain portions of our society.  I have always been somewhat in awe of how you have lived your life.  Your dedication to your faith, your husband and your family is inspiring. Your grace under the pressure of this unenviable situation speaks volumes about your character and the character of your husband.

I have always been a fan of the Duggar family and have been honored to watch the relationship between you and Josh develop and to watch your family grow over the past few years.  It is encouraging to me to see a family with strong Christian values live according to their convictions in the midst of a culture that is turning further and further away from these values every day.

Your strength of character is evident in your support of your husband during this challenging time.  I have seen may characteristics of the quintessential "Proverbs 31" woman in you as you have navigated many challenging situations. 

My sweet sister in Christ, please know that you are not alone.  I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I completely support you and your family.  I am praying daily for peace and wisdom for you and your husband.

Love & Prayers,
Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...