Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thank You


I don't appreciate what you do for me every day of our lives, dear husband.  I don't thank you for all the little things you remember to do and think of when I forget.  I complain too much.  I am not grateful for the way you express your love.

So I want to thank you for:

Constantly running to the grocery store, pharmacy, Starbucks, Panera, and all over town to satisfy the desires of your wife.










Buying me flowers, even when we are in the middle of a "disagreement"

Letting me control the TV remote-all.the.time.
















...and watching hours of research programs true crime murder shows with me.

You encourage me to rest when there is work to be done.  You take on the burden of my work when my body is not able.

You bring me lunch, even when it is inconvenient.

You love me when I am angry and lashing out at you.

You pump my gas for me.  That is HUGE.

You change the sheets on the beds because you know that it hurts my hands to have to pull them tight.

I can't even count all of the ways you love me each and every day.  I have mistakenly desired the "romantic love" of movies and romance books.  I have been lured into the false belief that flowers and romantic gestures of the romantic movie variety are what will make me feel loved.  I fight these feelings, knowing that God teaches of a different type of love, a love of commitment, servitude, and mutual submission.  However, far too often, I find myself desiring the more worldly expressions of love.

So today, I want to thank you.  For loving me in so many ways that I cannot count them all.  For striving to be a man after God's heart by loving me in the way God has instructed in His word.

I tend to be a little stubborn, so I don't always appreciate you the way I should.  On those days when I am being difficult, remember this post, remember that deep down, I know that all you do for me comes from a place of love.

Love forever and always,
Your Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...