Saturday, June 20, 2015

This Guy...

So there's this guy....

He loves his children. He works really hard. All the time. He makes me laugh. He holds me when I cry. Which is a lot lately.

There's this guy that hasn't always had an easy life. His relationship with his own father is....complicated. But he doesn't focus on that. He remembers all the good parts and tries to recreate them for his kids. He has learned from some of the struggles and is determined not to repeat them.

He doesn't always say the right thing. He sometimes gets angry. He makes mistakes. But he tries again. And again, and again.

For the past 13 years, Father's Day has been about two men in my life-my own father and my husband. They both hold a special place in my heart and deserve to be honored each and every year day.

But this has been an especially challenging year for the most important man in my life (after my Heavenly Father), so I want to make sure he knows where he stands with me.

The father of my children is my hero. He is my soul-mate, my best friend, my servant-lover. He was chosen by God to walk this journey with me and I am so.very.grateful.

I watch him with his children, our children, and I look at him in wonder. I see the heartache and hurt from damaged relationships and a broken family etched in his face. But moreover, I see determination. I see a man who refuses to quit. A man who will never give up-on any of us. I see a man determined to set the example of a godly husband for his son. I see a man who desperately desires to show his daughters the kind of man they should seek for a husband. I see a man who will stop at nothing to keep his family together.

I see a man after God's heart. And I love him deeply.

So, today, I honor my husband. Father of my children. Soul mate. Hero. Friend.

Happy Father's Day, my love!

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...