Tuesday, June 30, 2015

One Step Forward Two Steps Back



I know anytime you start making major changes in your life-diet changes, lifestyle changes, attitude changes, financial changes-the progress is typically slow and complicated....1 step forward 2 steps back.

Yesterday felt like 10 steps forward.

Today feels like 20 steps back.

I did make it to the grocery store. With the kids. Without the husband. But I blew the budget by about 80%.

Other than that...not much got done around the house. No cute outfit and well-coiffed hair. No laundry. No summer school bridge work for the kids. No dinner ready when husband got home (in fact we ended up eating out due to a certain set of circumstances, one of which was my complete lack of energy).

In my eyes, today was an epic fail.

So, now I am disappointed in myself. My husband was not treated well. We are both snarky and crabby and the atmosphere at home is NOT the calm pleasant experience we had last night.

Feeling frustrated and hurt. When I am in the midst of these failures, it is hard to see the way back. I am tempted to just give up.

But I know I can't. My family is to precious to me to give up. So I will keep trudging forward praying for better days ahead.

Sorry no fun pictures or humorous anecdotes from our day. Just not in me tonight.

Blessings,
Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...