Monday, April 13, 2015

A Prayer for My Friend

Dear Lord,

My heart is broken today, Father.  My friend is hurting, physically and emotionally.  I want to take her pain away.  I want to give her peace.  But I know only You have that power, Lord.  You are the Great Physician, healer of hearts and bodies. 

Lord, You know her heart-she has a heart dedicated to You.  She has been such a light in  my life.  I am so thankful for her and her friendship.  She is truly a woman after Your heart, Heavenly Father.  Mother, sister, wife, friend....she embodies the love of Christ in all of these roles. 



I hurt for her, Father.  I can't bear to see and hear the pain she is in.  I can hear her heartbreak in her words, I can see the pain etched on her beautiful face.  Yet through all of this, she praises You, Father.  In the storms of life, she clings to You as her life-saver.  She continues to share Your love with those around her even when she barely has the strength to go on herself.

Heavenly Father, please grant peace and rest to my friend.  Heal her heart and body.  This is my plea to You, Lord.  Take away the pain that I cannot bear to see her in.  Heal her broken heart.  Restore her in the ways only You can.



Father God, I know You are able to heal all wounds.  I also know You have a plan for this sweet friend of mine.  I place my faith in You to grant peace to her and all those around her.  You plan is perfect, even if we cannot understand it right now. 

In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...