Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Broken Into Beautiful: Post 9

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
-Zephaniah 3:17





Every day there are dozens of things vying for my attention: housework, my children, my husband, my chronic pain, television, work, the internet, social media, and many many more.  But there is One who deserves the top spot in my life each and every day: God, my Heavenly Father, my Savior.  God wants nothing more from me than to be the number one priority in my life.

It is so very easy to get distracted by all of the details of life that require our attention, but there is One who deserves our full attention all the time.  I find when God is is not my top priority, the other areas of my life seem out of focus and off track.  

God's promises are eternal.  Psalm 103:17 tells us His love is everlasting from generation to generation for those who fear Him.  In this context "fear" can be interpreted as "prioritize" or "respect" as opposed to "be afraid of".  God wants to be the center of our lives, and with our commitment to make Him so, He promises everlasting love throughout the generations.













God has an eternal perspective on things.  He calls us to have the same, but it is a challenge for our limited human understanding to consistently comprehend life from an eternal perspective.

Isaiah 55:8-9 makes it clear that His thoughts are higher than ours.  His ways are higher than ours and are beyond anything we could possibly imagine.  We are prone to believe the lies of the enemy, but are called by God to focus on His perspective of our lives instead.












I have believed many lies in my life:
-I am worthless
-I am ugly
-I am cold-hearted
-I am lazy

 But God pulls me back from the slippery slope of these  lies.  He cares for me and reminds me that I am precious to Him, that my value is in Him.  God wants us to receive His love and then respond to it.  We are to share it, experience it, be transformed and redeemed by it.

"When we lay down our fears and anxieties before the Lord His perfect love drives the fear away and breathes joy into our souls." -Gwen Smith






Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all His benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
-Psalm 103:1-5

We are called to:

  1. Love God More: Our love for Him should be ever-increasing
  2. Love Others Louder: Accept one another, serve one another, our love for others is a reflection of God's love for us.
Blessings,
Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...