Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It Is Well With My Soul (She Reads Truth-Hymns)






Praying for my Momma today as she undergoes surgery to correct a blocked artery in her neck.  Not much to say today, but the words of this sweet hymn are imprinted on my heart.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows, like sea billows, roll; 
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, 
Let this blest assurance control
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole, 
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

-Horatio G. Spafford, 1873

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...