Monday, April 20, 2015

Come, Ye Sinners (She Reads Truth-Hymns)

"Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.  I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance'." 
-Luke 5:31-32

I am sick with sin, diseased with iniquity.  This illness is terminal, leading to certain and eternal death.
But there is hope, my friend!  Hope in the Great Physician.



And the angel said to those who were standing before him, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” And to him he said, “Behold, I have taken your iniquity away from you, and I will clothe you with pure vestments.”
-Zechariah 3:4

The accuser tells me I am worthless.  I am too diseased to be saved, there is nothing but death left for me.  But God reveals the lies with His unchanging truth.  He allows us to say to the accuser, "I am sinful, more sinful than even you know.  But I am not condemned!  I am clothed with the righteousness of Christ!".  

Y'all-please don't believe the lies of the accuser.  God not only already knows what you are accused of, but He knows the depth of your iniquity-and He loves you nonetheless.  

Come, ye sinners, poor and needy,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity, love and power.

I will arise and go to Jesus,
He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior,
O there are ten thousand charms.

(Come, Ye Sinners-Joseph Hart, 1759)   

Blessings,
Meri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...