Friday, April 3, 2015

Broken Into Beautiful Study-Post 2

Since you were precious in my sight, you have been honored, and I have loved you.  Therefore I will give men for your, and people for your life.
-Isaiah 43:4-

Feeling worthless, undervalued, useless, and unwanted has been a lie of the enemy that I have believed most of my life.  These things that make be believe this worthlessness are many, here are a few:
  1. I have been told I am worthless at several points in my life.
  2. I have made poor choices.  Many poor choices.
  3. I have been cheated on.
  4. I have been codependent-my worth has been dependent upon someone else's happiness.
  5. I suffer from chronic illness that often prevents me from doing things that I believe give me value (housework, cooking, attending events with my family, etc.)
But God's truth is that my worth has nothing to do with my feelings.

We have all become like one who is unclean,
and our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.
We all fade like a leaf
and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.
-Isaiah 64:6-

All of my value, all of my worth, is contained in the gift Christ gave me on the cross.  Grace is the only reason I have any worth at all and all of my worth comes from above.
I still struggle with believing that if people really knew me they would not like me.  All of my life, I have been challenged to make and keep friends.  You know, those close girl friends that you can bare your soul to and laugh at SNL skits from the early 1990s with as well? 


Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their toil.
For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow.  But woe to him who is alone when he falls
and has not another to lift him up. 
-Ecclesiastes 4:9-10-
 

I believed the lies of Satan that I was worthless and no one could possibly find anything to like about me while forgetting the promise of God that He loves me and has given me all of the good that is in me.  I still struggle with making lasting bonds with other women, but recently, God has blessed me with not only new relationships, but the rekindling of old ones.  My Heavenly Father has known my heartache of being left out, feeling unwanted, unworthy among other women and He has answered my cries and prayers.


 

Are not five sparrows sold for tow pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed the very hairs on your head are all numbered!  Don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows.
I tell you whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God.
-Luke 12:6-8

What a beautiful illustration of God's great love for us and a promise from our Heavenly Father that we are so very important to Him that He will shout our existence to His angels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defining Moments

  Everyone has THAT moment that defines their life. Some people have multiple moments. Sometimes these moments are not welcome, not what we ...